We offer a range of professional global learning services to schools.
For schools wanting to launch a topic, engage their pupils in a national /international calendar day, GLADE offers a range of school assemblies and illustrated talks for mainstream & Special Schools from Foundation Stage to Key Stage 4 / 5.
Our highly trained team of GLADE Workers & Advisors are available to come to your school to deliver carefully prepared Assemblies or Illustrated Talks & accompanying short activity for your pupils, in your school or community centre.
When your school registers as a GLADE Member, you receive 20% discount on all school-based assemblies and illustrated talks.
Most of these are ‘Family Friendly’ – adaptable for parents/ carers with their children, for end of school events.
Prices, correct at 16 April 2019:
- Start or end of day assembly : £100 – £120
- End of day Assembly followed by 90 minute teacher INSET with discount: £240
- Illustrated talk and accompanying activity: £240
GLADE offers a wide range of workshops, school assemblies and pupil training sessions for mainstream & Special Schools from Foundation Stage to Key Stage 4 / 5.
Our highly trained team of GLADE Workers & Advisors (DBS enhanced) are available to come to your school to deliver carefully prepared programmes of activities for your pupils, in your school or community centre.
Most of our workshops are ‘Family Friendly’ – adaptable for parents/ carers working with their child in a group (up to 15 children & 15 parents/carers).
- Full day of workshops in your school : £500
- Half day of workshops in your school with discount: £400
- End of day Assembly followed by 90 minute teacher INSET: £240
Schools and clusters who have commissioned GLADE under the GLADE School Partnership Scheme, please contact us direct for pricing.
Classroom workshops are available on whole-day or half day basis. We find that pupils work best in their familiar class groupings or tutor group, with their usual teacher & support staff present. We plan this into the workshop pattern, along with differentiated approaches. We are flexible and as all GLADE workers are trained teachers or experienced youth workers we can accommodate variations in reasonable sized groups that are vertically grouped or have a specific focus. Please contact us with any special requests.
Bespoke workshops and assemblies & connected 90 minutes INSET are available in addition to those listed.Get in touch with GLADE using the contact form to book and to discuss your requirements.
CPD courses for Teachers, TAs/HLTAS, Governors and Curriculum Leaders
GLADE offers a wide range of professional development and training courses for Mainstream & Special Schools from Foundation Stage to Key Stage 4 / 5; offered as:
- Open courses; dates and venues are promoted to all schools, with minimum and maximum numbers; there is a cost to attend.
- Closed courses; schools are invited to attend, usually as a result of ongoing project commitments / funding or costs that are subsidised due to external funding.
- School/cluster-based courses; where GLADE is commissioned by a school or cluster to run a course; there is a cost unless the course is included within the GLADE School Partnership scheme.
Our highly trained team of GLADE Trainers & Advisors are available to come to your school to deliver carefully prepared CPD programmes for your staff, in your school or college. When your school registers as a GLADE Member, you receive 20% discount on all school-based CPD.
Most of our INSET and CPD opportunities are available for whole school delivery or can be bought in by a cluster or locality for cross-phase collaboration and cost-sharing.
- Full day CPD course in your school with members’ discount: £350
- Half day CPD course in your school with members’ discount: £250
- End of day twilight CPD course in your school with members’ discount: £150
- End of day twilight CPD & accompanying Assembly with members discount: £150
CPD is available on whole-day, half day or after school twilight basis. We also offer bespoke CPD / training courses to meet priorities and school budgets. We are flexible and as all GLADE workers are experienced trainers and facilitators, we can accommodate variations in reasonable sized groups that are cross-phase or have a specific curriculum or themed focus needs. Please get in touch with GLADE by using the contact form with any special requests and to discuss your requirements.
School Partnerships - here and overseas
At GLADE, we believe that global learning and development education is a core entitlement for all pupils; it is wider than learning about distant localities, it delivers to core skills and knowledge that all schools are striving to deliver;
- skills of enquiry and critical thinking,
- the ability to engage with different perspectives.
- an understanding of and respect for the lives and cultures of everyone,
- opportunities to for pupils to become active citizens in their own community
All schools, EYFS settings and FE institutions are invited to access GLADE, there is no membership charge. Individual teachers, TAs, HLTAs, EYFS practitioners/ FE staff are ‘members’ of GLADE on behalf of their education setting and making contact gains you opportunities for accessing GLADE’s global resource loans, teacher training and classroom workshops on a ‘pay as you go’ system; we do appreciate teacher membership details with GLADE being renewed annually .
GLADE recognises that schools, as well as ourselves, have increasing constraints on budgets, diminishing opportunities for external spending, and ever-changing priorities. To this end where possible, we offer subsidised or fully funded support to state-funded education settings.
Passionate teachers of global education in Somerset schools are now, often working in relative isolation and have no mechanism for networking and sharing effective practice. We have 2 options for schools who wish to undertake shared learning:-
1. we have consulted and devised a scheme where groups of schools can share the benefits of economies of scale, whilst still accessing GLADE’s advisory and support services, including;
- sharing training courses,
- sharing themes for whole school INSET,
- grant-writing support and funding applications
- validated courses for HLTAs & TAs
- courses for teacher validation
GLADE is pleased to invite schools to become GLADE Partnership Schools through the Somerset / North Somerset Global Learning Partnership strategy.
A key aim is to enable groups of schools to share the benefit of economies of scale by sharing costs of GLADE’s professional services, whilst providing core entitlement to pupils through high quality teacher and HLTA /TA training. The cost has been calculated to allow all schools to have access to a ‘value for money’ service by providing incentives for clusters of schools. This particularly benefits smaller schools and Learning Partnerships.
Phase specific opportunities are available, and we welcome contact from schools who would like to discuss any aspect of the GLADE Partnership School scheme. This opportunity is available to independent and state schools.
2. We have been appointed as School Advisors for British Council Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning. Clusters of schools can access advisor support for grant applications, and for successful clusters, gain further free support for cluster-based teacher development, pupil activities and more. This opportunity is available to state-funded mainstream and special schools, EYFS settings, FE institutions. Visit our Supporting Grant Applications page and Offers To Schools page for more information. We welcome contact from schools and cluster who would like to take this offer up.
Supporting Grant Applications - Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning
At GLADE we have been appointed to support schools across 8 Counties to apply for funding from British Council, help plan outgoing and incoming visits with school partners, achieve/ gain re-accreditation for International school Award status, training teachers to organize partnerships, develop changes curriculum and devise funded pupil events and generally advising on how to develop links and promote global learning.
Find out more or get involved
Let us assist you with any questions, and help to bring global learning into your school, Early Years setting, FE institution or community group.