Offers to Schools
We take up offers and contracts in a range projects that bring global learning into the classroom. These opportunities offer value for money or fully funded spaces for whole school or teacher involvement.
Please browse our offers to schools, and if you would like to get involved, just get in touch!
Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning 2018 - 2021
What is Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning (CCGL)?
CCGL supports schools here and in partnership countries to learn about and collaborate on the big issues that shape our world. Offers include:
- School partnerships – collaborate with peers in the UK and other countries on school activities focusing on global themes. Partnerships and school clusters offer teachers the chance to share experiences and learn from each other. Get the support you need to build a sustainable and reciprocal relationship based on education face to face with your Local Advisor.
- Teacher development – extend knowledge and expertise at embedding global themes in teaching content, by completing training courses, available online and face-to-face. Become better equipped to tackle global themes and sustainable development issues in the classroom with fully funded, local face-to-face workshops and teachers’ shared learning
- Gain recognition or re-accreditation for your school with British Council International School Award
- Apply for funding as a cluster of schools or with a 1-to1 partner school to facilitate reciprocal visits, pupil events and community involvement
Why take part?
”Young people in the UK and the Global South are better equipped to live and work in a global economy and to take action to tackle global poverty and achieve the Global Goals for Sustainable Development”
Connecting Classrooms through Global learning provides opportunities for pupils to gain deeper understanding of:
- people and places, intercultural awareness and equitable partnership
- sustainable development and interdependences
- attitudes and behaviours to build a fairer world, equality and democracy.
”Connecting Classrooms is about more than just understanding global issues; it’s about upskilling both teachers and students to create positive change in the world.”
Teachers benefit from:
- acquiring skills and confidence needed to integrate global learning themes into existing lessons,
- practical guidance on best use of international partnerships to enhance pupils’ learning,
- being better equipped to highlight and respond to global issues and sustainable development challenges through their subjects
- improving their own teaching skills through collaborating with colleagues here and overseas.
To find out what is available at a local and regional level, please visit Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning with GLADE or contact us and let us assist you with any questions, and in bringing Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning to your staff and pupils.
Global Learning Programme 2013 - 2018 (GLP)
What is the Global Learning Programme (GLP)?
The GLP was a ground-breaking programme which created a national network of like-minded schools, committed to equipping their students to make a positive contribution to a globalised world. It helped teachers to deliver effective teaching and learning about development and global issues at Key Stages 2 and 3.
Why take part?
Schools participating in the GLP experienced the exciting impact that knowledge and understanding of global learning can bring to pupils’ learning across the curriculum. The GLP helped schools develop an ethos promoting tolerance, fairness and respect.
Teachers involved in the GLP worked with colleagues in local schools to drive forward global learning across the curriculum, shared best practice and engaged in funded CPD opportunities.
This Government-funded prgramme has now ended. It has been followed on by Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning. However to find out more about GLP, please visit our Global Learning Programme project page, or simply contact us and let us assist you with any questions, and in bringing the Global Learning into your school.
Makutano Junction - a Kenyan Soap Opera!
What is Makutano Junction?
Makutano Junction focuses on raising students’ and teachers’ awareness of development issues in the partner countries (Poland, Bulgaria, Estonia and UK) through multi-media learning activities based around a highly popular, award-winning Kenyan TV educational drama series – Makutano Junction.
Why take part?
Teachers across the UK face the challenge of embedding global learning across the curriculum. Makutano Junction has an exciting range of teaching materials to help teachers meet these targets.
Classroom activities include viewing genuine extracts from the Makutano Junction soap opera, which help engage young people with global issues; discovering similarities, challenging stereotypes and raising awareness.
To find out more please visit our Makutano Junction page, or simply contact us and let us assist you with any questions, and in bringing Makutano Junction into your school.