THE AIMS AND PURPOSE OF THE GLADE WEBSITE ARE:
- to raise awareness of and promote GLADE activities.
- to promote the concepts of global learning and development education generally.
- to provide an easily accessible repository of global learning resources gleaned from other reliable sources.
- to encourage users to return to the website on future occasions.
ALL ITEMS INCLUDED ON THE WEBSITE MUST:
EITHER meet the following criteria:
- They must accord with GLADE’s ethos and charitable objects.
- They must come from respected and reliable sources.
- They must be written or expressed in simple and accessible English in a clear and easy to read typeface or clear voice.
- They must give a fair and honest picture of other people’s cultures, activities and traditions, avoiding stereotyping either through verbal explanation or pictures.
- They must be up to date (normally no more than five years old) and give accurate information.
- They must acknowledge and credit external sources of information.
OR give the reason for their inclusion and a critique of their content.