GLADE are committed to delivering global learning and development education to the Somerset region.
If you have a passion and interest in exploring and promoting an understanding of global issues through working with schools and local community groups we would like you to contact us. We are currently seeking two people to join our Board of Trustees. Recent experience of working in schools / colleges, marketing or financial management would be desirable. Trustees are responsible for shaping the future direction of the organization and work closely with the Programme Director. There are quarterly Board meetings and trustees are also encouraged to take an active interest in specific Glade projects. Most of the work can be undertaken at home on the telephone and computer.
Would suit a person with the following areas of interest:
Art and Culture, Children, Education and Literacy, Environment, Families, Human and Civil Rights, Race and Ethnicity and Refugees, Youth
And preferably with the skills below:
- Strong interest in global issues whether through schools or community groups
- Strategic vision and understanding
- Willingness to devote necessary time and effort
- Good independent judgement
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship.
Would you be interested? Or maybe you know someone else who might? For further details please contact us.